Park County Consolidated County Office
Fairplay, Park County, Co 80440
Request For Qualifications And Proposal For Conceptual Design
The Board of Park County Commissioners (BOCC) located in Fairplay, Colorado invites proposals for developing a Conceptual Design for a proposed new Consolidated County Office Building in Fairplay.
Park County offices are currently housed in a variety of aged buildings in the Fairplay area that have poor building envelopes and low space and energy efficiency. The County BOCC is interested in consolidating the various departments in a new energy efficient building that will provide lower operating costs and improved cross department efficiencies.
There is considerable information available from a 2007 feasibility study of a consolidated County office building as well as a 2011 internal high level space utilization assessment. Both will provide background information in addition to the normal interview process. The BOCC is interested in a Design that provides the potential for implementation in two phases if that approach is economically viable; Phase 1 would include departments currently in rental space (Human Services, Public Health, Coroner, and related services) with Phase 2 including the BOCC and staff, Assessor, Clerk, Treasurer, County Planning, Building Department, Environmental and GIS. The current projected size of the facility is 25,000 to 30,000 sq. ft.; the County’s preference on the interior design is to provide open office space to the extent practical in order to provide flexibility for future space requirements.
The County will provide the selected architect the following:
- Results of previous feasibility studies including the site survey information, the potential site plans, and space utilization planning
- 2011 County space utilization planning work for Phase 1 and Phase 2; support from those involved in County long range planning and specifically the consolidated office concept
Outcomes expected are the following:
- Site considerations including locations of infrastructure and proposed sitting
- Space Utilization Program for Phase 1 (detailed program for Phase 2 will be deferred)
- Proposed floor plan layout for Phase 1
- Rough footprint for Phase 2 to ensure compatibility with Phase 1
- High level cost estimate
- Conclusions and recommendations
Proposals should include company qualifications including specific experience with office building designs, representative examples of similar design, a proposed plan including time estimates and a fee proposal.
The county expects to make County resources available to support the Design process work.
Interested parties may contact Tom Eisenman, Park County Development Services Department at 719-836-4271 or
with questions. Proposals should be submitted in digital format to Tom Eisenman; although not preferred, proposals may also be mailed to Tom Eisenman at PO Box 1598, Fairplay, CO 80440. Proposals are requested no later than October 28, 2011.