The Board of Park County Commissioners (BOCC) located in Fairplay, Colorado invites proposals for developing a Completed Design including Construction Documents for Phase 1 of a proposed new Consolidated County Office Building in Fairplay.
Park County offices are currently housed in a variety of aged buildings in the Fairplay area that have poor building envelopes and low space and energy efficiency. The County BOCC desires to consolidate the various departments in a new energy efficient building that will provide lower operating costs and improved cross department efficiencies.
The BOCC is interested in a building project that provides the implementation in two phases; Phase 1 would include departments currently in rental space (Human Services, Public Health, Child Welfare, Senior Coalition, Victim Services & Mountain Peace, and related services) with Phase 2 including the BOCC and staff, Assessor, Clerk, Treasurer, County Planning & Environmental, Building Department, and GIS. The projected size of Phase 1 is 5842 sq. ft. and Phase 2 is 22,260 sq. ft.; the County’s preference on the interior design is to provide open office space to the extent practical in order to provide flexibility for future space requirements.
The County has recently completed a Conceptual Design for Phases 1 and 2 that includes detailed floor plans and high level cost estimates for both phases. At this time, the County intends to pursue the implementation of Phase 1 with a full architectural design in 2Q2012 followed by construction in the second half of 2012 including moving into the facility by the end of 2012. The County can commit approximately $1.3 million for the construction of Phase 1. The County Strategy Plan would be to construct Phase 2 in 4 to 5 years when additional capital funding becomes available.
The current County approach is to use a Design, Bid, Build construction process.
The County will provide the selected architect the following:
- A Conceptual Design completed in February, 2012 by Jigsaw Design for Phases 1 and 2 which includes proposed sitting on existing County property, program analysis, blocking Plans, floor plans for both phases and high level cost estimates; Phase 1 is a one story structure that would be connected to the two story Phase 2 structure by a breezeway.
- County cost constraint guidelines.
- Access to County personnel during the Design Development and Construction Documents Phases of the Architectural Design.
Outcomes expected are the following:
- All Design Development Documents – all architectural, civil, structural, materials, mechanical, electrical, IT, interior and other elements required to construct the project to the owner’s requirements; deliverables should include an interim pricing analysis for budgeting purposes; a general landscaping plan is expected although the landscaping is expected to be minimal.
- Construction Documents – all drawings, materials and written specifications required to construct the project to the owner’s specifications
- Construction Administration (basic oversight) to ensure the project is implemented to the specifications in the Construction Drawings
- Project scope would exclude FFE items such as phones, IT hardware, furniture, Move Process coordination and similar items which will be managed by the owner; the scope would include infrastructure items.
- Company qualifications:
- name, address, brief history of the company; primary contact person
- primary disciplines / unique qualifications provided by the company
- resumes of company personnel to be assigned to this project
- proposed design consultants and relevant experience; any unique qualifications
- Related project / areas of expertise over the past 4 to 5 years relevant to this project; type of project, budget, contact person, status of the project; where possible include examples of cost estimating
- References and contact information
- Insurance coverage; any claims against the firm
- Additional information you feel may be useful and applicable in this project
- Scope of work statement including any assumptions on areas excluded
- Company programming and design process approach for this project
- Description of deliverables you would expect at the DD and CD stages that would illustrate your design process
- Proposed project schedule including proposed design meetings
- Fee proposal
The county expects to make County resources available to support the Design process work.
Interested parties may contact Tom Eisenman, Park County Administration Officer (Interim) at (719)836-4302 or or John Deagan at with questions. Proposals should be submitted in digital format to Tom Eisenman at the e-mail listed above and 5 hard copies by US Mail to Tom Eisenman at PO Box 1598, Fairplay, CO 80440. Proposals are requested no later than March 26, 2012.
|2/22/2012 12:00 AM
|3/26/2012 11:59 PM