Effective April 21, 2002
COUNTY-WIDE STAGE 1 BURN BAN IN EFFECT
The following acts are PROHIBITED on ALL PUBLIC AND PRIVATE PROPERTY until further notice:
- Building, maintaining, attending or using open burning or an open fire as defined in Section 5.f. of County Ordinance 21-04. https://parkco.us/Archive.aspx?ADID=3884
- Target and recreational shooting, except on private property when the owner or lessee of such private property, or the owner or lessee’s employee, is present and supervising.
- Blasting, or other activities, which generate flame or flammable material.
- Outdoor hot work without a pressurized water system or at least a 7lb. ABC or 2 ½ gallon pressurized or equivalent fire extinguisher, and large size pointed shovel readily available for quick use.
- Fireworks and model rocketry
- Smoking except within an enclosed vehicle or building, a developed recreation site or while stopped in an area at least three feet in diameter that is barren or cleared of all flammable materials.
- Operating a chain saw without a pressurized water system or at least a 7lb ABC or 2 ½ gallon pressurized or equivalent fire extinguisher, and large size pointed shovel readily available for quick use.
- Persons with a written exemption from their District Fire Chief that specifically authorizes the otherwise prohibited act.
- Persons using a fire solely fueled by liquid petroleum or LPG fuels.
- Any Federal, State or local officer or member of an organized rescue or firefighting force in the performance of an official duty.
- Approved fully contained outdoor wood burning furnace/boiler.
- For commercial operations authorized under contract or permit, internal and external combustion engines may be operated as approved by the Forest Service within designated areas.
- Licensed hunters that are actively pursuing game.
Please abide by the County Ordinance 21-04. https://parkco.us/Archive.aspx?ADID=3884
Citations for violations will start at $500 and increase to $1000.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Sheriff Tom McGraw