FROM THE PARK COUNTY CLERK’S OFFICE
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Debra A Green
Park County Clerk
856 Castello Ave.
Fairplay, Co 80440
DATE: March 23, 2020
Park County Clerk and Recorder’s Office will be restricting public access to our office beginning tomorrow Monday, March 23, 2020 while continuing to properly support the public to the best of our abilities for the next thirty days. We are limiting the number of in-person transactions for processing new title transactions, marriage license issuance, birth and death certificates and recording documents in the real estate recording records. The office door is locked with a door bell for public use, please use and you will be met by a “Deputy Clerk” from the office.
We ask that customers mail in their motor vehicle renewal payments or use the drop box that is located in front of the county annex building, which will be checked 2 times per day. Documents for “recording” may also be dropped in the box. This box is under surveillance and will be open 24 hours per day including weekends and holidays. It is a felony to break open or tamper with the box.
While we are under limited public access, staff will be here to assist customers by answering phones, faxes, e-mails, and process whatever comes in through the mail. We will be working regular business hours from 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- You can call us to verify all necessary paperwork ahead of time at 719-836-4333 and make an appointment. 35 “Motor Vehicle” transactions are now available at mydmv.colorado.gov
- Park County will only issue marriage license by appointment to help control the number of people gathering in our office. Applications are on the county website and can be completed and printed and prior to coming into office. This is limited to the Bride and Groom only. We will not issue any marriage licenses after 4:00 p.m.
- Recording services will be handled through mail, electronic recording, or limited in-person transactions. Please call our office for assistance or if you have any questions at 719-836-4333.
- I-county, please visit our “website” at www.parkco.us to access our online document search. Plat maps are now available through I-county.
- Please call our office, 719-836-4333 for assistance with voter registrations and elections-related needs or you can also go directly to the Secretary of State’s website to make any changes or register for the first time at govotecolorado.gov. You can also reach us via e-mail at email@example.com for any assistance.
- Birth and Death certificates can be obtained by appointment. Applications are on the county website and can be completed and printed prior to coming into office. We will not issue any certificates after 4:00 p.m.
- “ALL” licenses will be done by appointment only. Please call 719-836-4333. No appointments after 4:00 p. m.
Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding while we work through this trying time.
Debra A Green
Park County Clerk