On September 11, 2010 at about 12:13 pm, Park County Communications dispatched a medical call to the South Shore of Antero Reservoir. The initial report was that two men were unconscious in a motor home.
The Hartsel Fire District, South Park Emergency Services, and the Park County Sheriff’s Office responded to the scene.
Emergency responders advised that upon arrival they removed the two men from the motor home and rendered medical aid.
One of the men was pronounced dead at 12:51 pm, the other was transported by Flight for Life to St. Anthony Central in Denver Colorado. It is believed the men suffered from carbon monoxide poisoning.
The names of the men are being withheld until family members can be notified. The incident is still under investigation.