The following acts are PROHIBITED on private property and all public property until further notice:
- Building, maintaining, attending, or using a fire or campfire, including charcoal.
- Smoking except within an enclosed vehicle or building, a developed recreation site, or while stopped in an area at least three feet in diameter that is barren or cleared of all flammable materials.
- Operating motorized vehicles off designated roads or trails.
- Blasting, welding, or other activities, which generate flame or flammable material.
- Fireworks and model rocketry.
- Using explosive targets and metal jacketed bullets.
- Operating a chain saw without a 10 lb ABC or 2½ gallon pressurized or equivalent fire extinguisher, and large size pointed shove readily available for quick use.
Individual Fire Protection Districts may impose stricter restrictions than listed above within their respective district boundaries.Thank you for your cooperation,
- Persons with a written permit from the Park County Sheriff that specifically authorizes the otherwise prohibited act.
- Persons using a fire solely fueled by liquid petroleum or LPG fuels.
- Persons conducting activities in those designated areas where the activity is specifically authorized by written posted notice.
- Any Federal, State, or local officer or member of an organized rescue or firefighting force in the performance of an official duty.
- May use lead bullets only for target practice.
- Approved outdoor wood burning and enclosed heater.
- For commercial operations authorized under contract or permit, internal and external combustion engines may be operated as approved by the Forest Service within designated areas.
Sheriff Fred Wegener