Child Support Services

Request an Application - Colorado Division of Child Support Services

Sources we use to locate a non-custodial parent:

  • Department of Labor and Employment
  • Division of Motor Vehicles
  • Local telephone company
  • U. S. Postal Service
  • Financial references
  • Unions
  • Parole
  • Probation records and police records
  • Local offices administering public assistance (Including general assistance, medical assistance, food stamps and social services)
  • Caretaker, relatives and friends of the non-custodial parent
  • Internet locate sites

Payment and Non-Payment

Payment Processing

Park County cannot process child support payments.

All payments must be made through Family Support Registry (FSR). If a payment is sent to Park County, it will be returned to the sender so that it can be mailed to the FSR.

Questions About Payment

For questions regarding payments that have been made, call FSR at (303) 299-9123 or you may register to view your payments online.

Questions About Non Payment

- Please call our main office at (303) 816-5934.

Park County will help identify and locate a child's father. There are 2 ways this is done.

  • Legal establishment of paternity.
    • If the man named as the child's father denies being the father, or if the mother is unsure of who the father is, a legal action can be filed and genetic tests can be performed. Usually a father will admit paternity when genetic test results show he is the biological father of the child.
    • If the father continues to state he is not the father, he may ask for a court hearing, at which point the court will decide.
  • Voluntary acknowledgment of paternity.
    • If the man named as the father of the child agrees he is the father, he will be asked to sign an official form stating he is the father. The form is available to parents in many hospitals immediately following the birth of their child. If the form is signed in the hospital, the mother and the father do not have to appear in court to establish paternity for the child.

Establishing a Court Order

Child Support Services uses both administrative and judicial procedures to establish a child support order.

Retroactive support

We will not establish retroactive support (the period before you entered your court order). You would need to pursue this on your own or with the help of an attorney.

Enforce an Existing Court Order

Park County will enforce court-ordered child support obligations until all obligations are satisfied.

Alimony (spousal maintenance) will be enforced when it is included in the child support order and current support is still owed.

Enforcing past due Child Support

Child Support uses a number of remedies to collect current and past due financial support.

Some of these remedies are: wage garnishments, credit bureau reporting, drivers license suspension, professional license suspension, recreational license suspension, intercepts, garnishment of workers compensation, garnishment of unemployment compensation benefits and lottery intercepts.

For additional information regarding enforcement remedies, please visit Colorado Division of Child Support Services.

Review & Adjustment Process

There are 2 requirements to begin a review and adjustment within the Park County Child Support Enforcement office:

  • Must have an open case with the Park County Child Support Program.
  • Customers that submit a written request must also complete an affidavit.

The request form is available at Colorado Division of Child Support Services.

The affidavit is also available by contacting the legal technician assigned to your case.

A review and adjustment to an existing Colorado order can take approximately 3-6 months from the time we receive the request until the process is completed.

Review & Adjustment Rules

Some rules may include but are not limited to:

  • Generally, we cannot make a modification retroactive.
  • A review and adjustment can be done without a written request on cases where the child/ren are currently receiving public assistance.
  • If it is less than 3 years from your last review, the requestor must allege a continuing change of circumstance.

Review & Adjustment of Other State's Orders

Written requests for review and adjustment on another state's order are accepted but require a different process than a review of a Colorado order.