Moving To Park County

Concealed Handgun Permit Holders Moving To Park County

If you have a concealed handgun permit that was issued by another county in Colorado, and you are moving to Park County the following applies:

  • Within 30 days preceding your move to Park County, contact the agency that originally issued you your CHP (Concealed Handgun Permit) and inform them that you are relocating
  • Complete the Address Change Form (PDF) and submit it to the issuing agency
  • Contact the Park County Sheriff's Office within 120 days prior to expiration of a permit, to schedule an appointment to begin the renewal process.

The following are required and what you can expect during your visit with the Sheriff's Office:

  • Acceptance of fees:
    • $50 in the form of cash, check, or money order made out to PCSO (Park County Sheriff's Office)
    • Separate payment of $52.50 in the form of cash or check made out to PCSO (Park County Sheriff's Office).
  • Sign and submittal of application
  • Copy made of your proof of competence with a handgun
  • Copy made of your driver's license, Colorado ID, Military ID, and/or deed showing property ownership in Park County
  • Photo taken
  • Fingerprinting for CBI (Colorado Bureau of Investigation) background check