Guideline to Paying Your Taxes
Paying Your Taxes
- We do not bill your mortgage lender. While mortgage companies may work with tax service firms to determine property tax amounts, the county does not provide bills directly to the mortgage lender.
- If your taxes are paid into an escrow account as part of your monthly payment to your mortgage lender, it is your responsibility to verify that your taxes have been paid.
- The Treasurer is not responsible for erroneous payments. If in doubt, please check with your mortgage lender to determine who is responsible for the tax payment. Failure to do so could result in delinquent taxes and/or delayed processing of your account.
- Accepted in our office only.
- DO NOT put cash in the mail.
- Make Checks Payable to: "Park County Treasurer" for the exact amount.
- Checks must be drawn on a United States Bank account and payable in US Dollars.
- Please be aware that your payment check may be converted to a 1 time electronic payment and your checking account could be debited the same day payment is received.
- Please submit the appropriate coupon with your payment to assure proper credit of your payment.
- Mail to: Park County Treasurer, PO Box 638, Fairplay, CO 80440-0638.
- Payments can be made Online with any major credit card or e-check. Additional fee's apply.
- You have the option to pay your taxes in full by April 30, or in 2 installments - First half by February 28 and the Second half by June 15.
- Any payments are deemed received by the Treasurer on the date it is actually received in the Treasurer's office. Actual receipt will be the date processed with an effective date of the United States postal service postmark if it crosses months (current roll only).
- Payments received after 4 pm are credited to your account on the following business day. Postage meter postmarks must be accompanied by a United States postal service postmark if not received on or before the due date.
- If the date for filing any tax return or remittance falls upon a Saturday, Sunday, or Legal Holiday, it will be filed as timely on the next business day. (Per Statute C.R.S 39-10-104-5(8) )
- If paying in full (Due last day of April), enclose Coupon "Full Payment" with your remittance.
- If paying the first half installment (Due last day of February), enclose Coupon "First Half Payment" with your remittance.
- If paying the second half installment (Due June 15), enclose Coupon "Second Half Payment" with your remittance.
- All payments will be accepted when a tax balance exists. First half payment overages will automatically be applied to the second half payment. Remit funds for exact amount due. Refunds will not be issued.
- If you are paying taxes on multiple properties (more than 1), please include the appropriate coupon from each tax statement for each property. You may send one check for multiple properties.
- Any tax less than $25 must be paid in full. (Per Statute C.R.S 39-10-104-5(6) )
- Any tax with an added water, sewer, junk or similar lien must be paid in full. Base tax payments without associated lien payments will be returned.
Tax Payment Receipts
- Payment receipts are only sent if you include a self-addressed stamped envelope.
Returned Checks and Electronic Payments
- It is our current policy to charge and collect $20 for any returned check, draft, or returned electronic payment. (Per Statute C.R.S. 13-21-109)