Title Information

Out of State Title

  • If the vehicle has an out-of-state title, a Verification of Vehicle Identification Number Form must be completed by the sheriff's office or town police or a licensed Colorado motor vehicle dealer

Vehicle Purchased by Cash

  • When a vehicle is a cash purchase from either a dealer or a private individual you must bring the title and any applicable documents properly assigned to you.
  • As of July 1, 1999, proof of valid vehicle insurance is also required.
  • If you have a set of license plates you want to reissue to your newly purchased vehicle, bring the registration for those plates.

Financed Vehicle

  • If the vehicle is financed the dealership or your financial institution will file the necessary documents with Park County.
  • If the vehicle was purchased from an out of state dealer or you arranged your own financing with an out of state financial institution the required documents may be sent to you.
  • If that is the case, it is your responsibility to file the required documents to title and register the vehicle.
  • Upon acceptance, the application will be processed and Park County will mail you a post card.
  • You must bring this card and proof of valid insurance to one of our office locations to purchase your license plates.