- Secure and Verifiable ID required
- All motor vehicles and trailers owned or operated by Colorado residents must be registered
License Plate & Registration Renewals
As a courtesy to our residents, all Colorado counties send out renewal notices for currently registered vehicles. Plates can be renewed either by mail, phone or in person at one of our offices.
Your renewal is due the last business day of the month of your original registration. There is a grace period: you may register on a business day within 30 days. Registration past 30 days will incur additional fees.
To renew by mail
- Verify the information on the renewal notice
- If you have moved out of Park County, contact your new county of residence
- If you have moved to Park County from another Colorado County your fees may differ; please contact our office for the correct fees. Please be prepared to provide your license plate number, vehicle information and new Park County address.
- Include proof of Insurance
- Make check payable to Park County Clerk
- Make sure check is signed
- Please include your Drivers License and phone number on your check
- Mail to Park County Clerk and Recorder, P.O. Box 220, Fairplay, CO 80440
- If received after the 1 month grace period, the fees will differ and the renewal will be returned to you
To renew at one of our offices
- Bring your renewal notice or vehicle registration and proof of insurance
- We accept cash or check made payable to Park County Clerk
- Credit and Debit cards are accepted, there is a 2.7% portal fee
To renew online
- Log on to Colorado Division of Motor Vehicles
- You will need your license plate number
- A Credit card or checking account information, fees apply
- A valid email address
- 14 day temporary permits are available under certain circumstances.
- Cost is $6.22