Please read all information carefully to prevent delays in processing your application.
You may also view a complete list of Concealed Handgun Permit Laws in the Colorado Revised Statutes via Colorado Legal Resources. Please note that this is not a website maintained by Park County Government.
- Please call 719-836-4109 to schedule an appointment at the Fairplay Sheriff’s Office.
- Appointments are necessary and take 15 to 30 minutes. They are not scheduled in Bailey
- To obtain a Concealed Handgun Permit, you must complete a Concealed Handgun Permit Application (PDF) and sign it in person at the Fairplay Sheriff’s Office during your appointment
- Along with the submittal of your completed CHP application, according to Colorado State Statute18-12-203 (III)(h), submittal of proof of competence with a firearm is required for new and transferring applicants. The following list are options for proof of experience with a firearm:
- A training certificate from a handgun training class (online training class certificates are not acceptable)
- Proof of participation in organized shooting competitions or current military service
- Evidence that you are a certified [handgun] instructor
- Proof of honorable discharge from a branch of the United States armed forces within the (3) three years preceding submittal of CHP application
- Proof of honorable discharge from a branch of the United States armed forces that reflects pistol qualifications obtained within the (10) ten years preceding submittal of the CHP Application