Civil Services

Services Provided

The Park County Sheriff's Office provides service for documents filed in the courts, such as:

  • Summons and complaints (civil and criminal)
  • Subpoenas
  • Restraining orders
  • Writs (various, including writ of restitution)

Civil Paper Service Procedures

The procedure for having a paper served is to bring the document in person or mail the paper to the Park County Sheriff's Office. Service fees and mileage fees apply, except for restraining orders. You must pre-pay the service fee for your paper service. You will be billed for mileage after the paper is served or attempted. Checks should be made out to Park County Sheriff's Office. Documents for service can be mailed to:
Park County Sheriff's Office
P.O. Box 604
Fairplay, CO 80440

If you have questions regarding the service of documents, please contact our front office: Email or phone 719-836-2494. See Sheriff's Office Fees for service pricing for your document.