Energy Efficiency / Renewable Energy Initiative
To develop and implement a Park County program to promote the use of energy efficiency and renewable energy in residential, commercial, and community buildings in order to provide more stable and lower cost energy for the community. The expectation is that this initiative will contribute to the economic development within the county by creating new business and new job opportunities.
The Energy Efficiency / Renewable Energy Initiative
is a County-Supported Board (as opposed to an officially appointed County Board).
Key Technologies for Park County
- Public Outreach – Community information sessions including vendor displays, outreach documents on energy efficiency, rebates / incentives, renewable energy technologies for Park County climate
- Energy Efficiency – Promotion of energy efficiency across all market segments, partnership with the High Country Conservation Center including GEO sponsored Community Energy Coordinator for Park County; promotion of GEO programs
- Residential – Provide information specific for Park County residential applications
- Commercial – Provide information specific to commercial applications, support business owners with feasibility assessments as they assess and pursue energy efficiency and renewable energy
- Government / Community – Assess opportunities across county / town buildings and promote the concepts of energy efficiency and renewable energy in any new buildings; identify and pursue a county building as a pilot project to illustrate the benefits of this technology.
- Energy Efficiency
- Solar: Solar PV, Solar Thermal, Solar Hot Air
- Biomass (wood pellets and chips)
- Geo-thermal / Geo-exchange
Foss Smith (Committee Chair)
to join our effort.
For more information, please contact the Energy Efficiency / Renewable Energy Initiative Committee Chair