The Board of Commissioners of the County of Park is requesting proposals to engage the services of a qualified accounting firm of certified public accountants to provide auditing services for Park County, Colorado (“the County”) in accordance with the provisions of Title 29, Article 1, Part 6, Colorado Revised Statutes (The Colorado Local Government Audit Law) as regulated by the Office of the State Auditor.
Park County is classified by Colorado Revised Statutes as a Category III county. The present population of the County is approximately 18,556 residents. Fairplay serves as the county seat. There are two incorporated towns within the County, Fairplay and Alma.
ACCOUNTING AND BUDGET
The accounting policies of the County conform to the generally accepted accounting principles as applicable to governments. The accounts are organized on the basis of funds and account groups, each of which is considered a separate accounting entity. Each fund’s activity and operations are accounted for with a separate set of self-balancing accounts that comprise its assets, liabilities, fund equity, revenues and expenditures.
The governmental fund financial statements are reported using the current financial resources measurement focus and the modified accrual basis of accounting. Revenues are recognized as soon as they are both measurable and available. Expenditures are generally recorded when a liability is incurred.
The activities within the multiple funds of the County are funded with a variety of funding sources including property taxes, sale tax, specific ownership tax, intergovernmental revenues, licenses and permits, and charges for services.
In the fund financial statements, the County reports the following major governmental funds:
The non-major governmental funds include:
- General Fund
- Public Works Fund
- Human Services Fund
- Sales Tax Trust Fund
- Capital Projects Fund
Additionally, the County reports the following non-major fund types:
- Debt Service Fund
- Conservation Trust Fund
- Grant Fund
- E-911 Authority Fund
- Sheriff’s Seizure Program Fund
- Employee Retirement Fund
- 1041 Fee Fund
- Recreation Enterprise Fund
- Internal Service Funds
- Agency Funds
The County has blended component-units:
The Park County Building Authority, formed in 2004, exists solely to issue debt to acquire real estate for lease to the County. The Telephone Authority was formed by resolution of the Board of County Commissioners under an intergovernmental agreement with County municipalities and special districts. Under the agreement, the Telephone Authority is responsible for the 911 telephone system equipment purchase and maintenance as well as funding some of the staff expense of the 911 call center.
Long-term debt includes Certificates of Participation, a loan with the State Infrastructure Bank, capital leases for equipment and vehicles, and pollution remediation costs related to a closed landfill.
The financial management, payroll and asset software the County uses is Caselle Connect. The County also uses a grant management software, ECivis, which integrates with Caselle Connect.
The County will be subject to the Single Audit requirements in 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022.
Field work shall be scheduled with the Assistant County Manager/Finance Manager in a manner that the draft financial statements and notes, which will be prepared by the County by May 15, 2020, can be reviewed and finalized, including the final auditor’s report by June 30, 2020. The County requires an electronic copy of the audit as well as five copies bound in booklet form. The selected auditor will be required to present the audit at a regular meeting of the Board of County Commissioners by July 31, 2020.
The audited financial statements for the fiscal year ended 12/31/2018 as well as the adopted budget for 2019 are available on the County Website at www.parkco.us or by email to .
Your proposal should include the following:
In order to be considered, the firm presenting the proposal must be a firm of certified public accounts eligible by law to practice public accounting in the State of Colorado.
- Firm’s audit experience with Colorado governmental entities
- Copy of firm’s most recent quality control review report (peer review)
- Location of the office from which the work is to be done and the number of professional staff employed at that office
- Qualifications and experience of certified and non-certified staff that would be assigned to Park County, with particular attention to the county government experience.
- A not-to-exceed total fee (itemized to include staff costs, travel and reimbursable expenses); provide your estimated number of hours of staff time to complete the audit, plus your billable hourly rates for certified and non-certified staff.
- Availability throughout the year for pre- or post-audit consulting, special requests, etc., and the cost, if any
- A list of three governmental references with contact information.
- Any additional comments, background, etc., which you feel may be pertinent.
The County will judge the merits of proposals received in accordance with the criteria described below. The bidder is responsible for providing all information requested in this RFP and failure to do so may result in disqualification of the proposal. During the evaluation process, the County may request firms to complete an oral presentation or to answer further questions about their proposal.
- The following criteria will be used to determine which firm best meets the needs of the County.
- The adequacy and completeness of the proposal
- The experience of the firm
- The audit team’s experience and qualifications
- The firm’s ability to fulfill the requirements in a timely manner
- The proposed cost (number of hours and rate)
The Board may consider a four year engagement, if they so desire. Therefore, your fee proposal for services for 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022 should be included if you desire to propose for all 4 years.
Proposals will be received at the following address until 4:00pm, November 19, 2019:
Park County Government
Attn: Cindy Gharst
856 Castello Avenue (Delivery) or PO Box 1373 (USPS)
Fairplay, CO 80440
Please use the following format for your fee proposal:
| 2019 only
| and 2020
| and 2021
| and 2022
|10/29/2019 12:00 AM
|11/19/2019 4:00 PM