by Debra A Green
Park County Clerk and Recorder
Tips For Mail Ballots
- You will receive in the mail your official ballot, instruction sheet and a return envelope. There is no secrecy sleeve
- Unaffiliated voters your ballot packet will contain both Democratic and Republican Party ballots. Only return one
- If you do not want to vote the entire ballot, simply mark your selections and leave the rest blank.
- After marking your ballot, place the ballot in your return envelope addressed to Park County Clerk and Recorder, Po Box 220, Fairplay, Colorado 80440.
Recent changes in Colorado law now allow unaffiliated voters to vote in a primary election.
Here is how it works:
- You will receive two ballots in your packet, one Democratic ballot and one Republican ballot.
- Choose only one of these ballots and fill it out. Discard the ballot you won’t use.
- Sign your return envelope and return your one voted ballot in the return envelope.
Sending in two voted ballots will disqualify all of your votes. Your vote in this election will not affiliate you with a political party.
The ballot you receive in the mail is your official ballot and the ballot you need to vote and return to our office for processing.
As soon as you receive your ballot you may vote the ballot with your choices; sign the envelope and then return it to the Fairplay Clerk & Recorder’s Office during office hours or use our outside 24/7 Drop Boxes (no postage needed) or by mail (with proper postage).
- Remember to allow enough time for the ballot to reach our office!
- Postmarks do not count!
- Mail-in ballots must be received by 7:00 p.m. June 26, 2018.